Saturday 2 August 2014

Tick.

Tick, tick, tick...
0 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes, 25 seconds.. 24 seconds... 23 seconds...
After 16 years the day has come, my timer was running out, I was finally going to meet my true love.
Mum was born with 22 years, my sister with 19, and I at only 16. Would this be romantic? Would this be magical? Who was he?
Tick, 6 minutes. It's getting closer. I never thought an empty road would be the place I met the man of my dreams. There is no one around, surrounded by silence I keep walking. I walk faster and faster, I need to get to the town, the park, anywhere that there are people! Tick, 5 minutes. I'm running out of time so I pick up the pace, faster and faster, running. The road felt like it was getting longer and longer, Tick, 4 minutes, but suddenly  i'm on the floor. My hands scraping on the pavement, my head hitting the concrete. I guess I didn't see that dent in the pavement. Tick, 2 minutes. I sat up rubbing my forehead, only covering myself in more blood. Tick, 1 minute.
Screeeeech, tshhhhh, *gasp* step, step..
'Are you okay?'
Click
I saw a bus pull up next to me from the corner of my eye. This is it. The love of my life. I look up.
There she was.

Original short story
Stay Classy
D x

No comments:

Post a Comment