Thursday 14 August 2014

My Summer in the City Day One Outfit

Hey guys,
So this month I attended Summer in the City (SitC). SitC is an annual YouTube convention in London, held most recently, in Alexandra Palace. I didn't fancy recapping the event quite yet, though I will most probably do so in the near future. Instead I thought I'd share with you my first outfit of the weekend and some alternatives to fit your personality.
The basis of my outfit for both days was my Pale Yellow ASOS Skater Skirt in Mesh.

This was relatively pricey when I bought it at £47.50, however I was planning on wearing it for both days of SitC and in the future so didn't mind too much. The picture was fairly deceiving in the fact that is was really quite see through when I tried it on, so I bought another tutu to wear underneath. Personally I bought one off of ebay, but if you have a higher budget then I would recommend buying 2 of the same skirt.

On day one I wanted to go with a bright and breezy look as the weather was wonderful, so I themed my outfit around daisy's. My mum is an artist, so I asked her to paint a large daisy on the ASOS Colour Block Baseball Top that I paired the skirt with and it looked wonderful. You don't have to be an artist to do this though! If your planning on wearing this top only once then buy some cheap wash out paints and do it yourself! Or if you don't fancy that, try a feature necklace, or nothing at all.
What you do next depends on how confident you feel in this outfit! Personally, I thought that the skirt was a bit short and wore a pair of black tights underneath, but you could alternatively wear patterned tights, leggings or nothing at all! I suggest these cute little White and Pink Daisy Pattern Tights.
Now, shoes are a whole different story! I wore my pair of Wulfrun Single Sole Black Suede Creepers from Underground as they're comfy and reliable, however I also considered wearing my Creep Platform Lo Metallic Flats from Schuh which went well with the outfit also. But if flatforms aren't your style, a pair of vans or converse would look just as awesome!


I hope you enjoyed this and gained some helpful clothing tips!
Stay Classy
D x

No comments:

Post a Comment