Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Huger Games and Catching Fire - Review

Hello there!
Today I thought I would write a film/book review on The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.


After reading the books at the end of 2010 I instantly loved them. The development of characters and the progress of their lives fascinated me, and upon find out that The Hunger Games movie was being made a year later I was ecstatic. However.. after watching it.. disappointment is the only word that comes to mind. The plot was muddled, parts of the the story was changed, entire characters weren't even in it! People who hadn't read the books beforehand came out confused, and even people like me (who had read the books) were perplexed. After such great disappointment, I was not looking forward to Catching Fire and decided not to see it. To this day, I regret that. I decided to finally give a chance this week and was baffled. It was absolutely fantastic! The length of the film meant that barely anything was missed from the plot, and the execution of the scenes; the fantastic cliff hanger; the casting choices, made the film as good as it could be!
I would greatly recommend you to read all three, however... (now I'm telling you this in confidence, just from me to you) ... watch The Hunger Games with great caution. Keep your expectations low. The only reason you must watch this is to learn who the characters are played by. That is all. Now go and watch Catching Fire here (if it's no longer available at your local cinema) and love it as much as I did!
Thanks for reading, and let me know what you thought of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (movies) in the comments!
Stay Beautiful.
D x

No comments:

Post a Comment